GREAT JOB TODAY SCHOLARS!!! I Truly Enjoyed OUR CLASS!!
Remember - We have a running document on our class blog - Look At The Pages ABOVE!!
Here is is AGAIN:EGL 102 ON THE BOARD: Shared Notes- Lecture Notes - Socratic Seminar and Brainstorming Sessions
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNAZnEFdHg8nUC8NuefPhyEVhAkF7Y3ZBfyYy5LLOdU/edit
DESIRE + EXPECTATION+ BROKEN = PUB 2
Inherent V. Created - A Freshmen Analysis : " Streetcar" AND MORE!!
DUE: 4/2 - "It's Just An Illusion"
Submit PUB 2 Via Brightspace !!! WE went over it Today in Class !!
_____________________________________________________________________
Over the weekend - PRINT the Short Story Unit Timeline
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YJgM28PfoH5MdFg4Trme2v8LsRJySHTg/view
Print " Hills Like White Elephants" by Hemingway
PART 1- WATCH THE VIDEO
PART 2 - FIND A FAMOUS QUOTE BY HEMINGWAY- INTERPRET IT.. BE PREPARED TO SHARE IT IN A CLASS FISHBOWL on 4/4 !
PART 3 - Research : Do a bit of research on the symbol of the White Elephant - 2-3 Sentences
This is the extended metaphor in the story. What is a White Elephant?
What is it's significance?
PART 4 -Print THE STORY!!! BE SURE TO ACTIVELY READ IT.. highlight important passages, ask questions, draw inferences.. connect ideas!! COME TO CLASS PREPARED TO LEARN AND READ TOGETHER !!
ANNOUNCEMENT - NO CLASS ON THURSDAY, 3/28
PUB 2 is DUE Via Brightspace on 4/2. We will be back in the classroom on 4/4.
See you soon!!
See YOU ON 4/4!
Note : I created a category in GRADEs titled - The Desire Lecture -
Students who were here today received a participation Grade.
I will do this arbitrarily. Education is not just about writing papers and receiving a number grade.. it is about showing up and being enthusiastic and engaging in a learning community. It is the only way I get to know my students .. How you think.. How well you comprehend!!
I will host these Participation Seminars every once in a While!! It is a great way to EARN Participation Points!!!!
GREAT WORK TODAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment