Thursday, March 7, 2024

Due: 3/19 - OVER THE BREAK!!

 Great Job Today Scholars!!!

Here is the list of character charts/ adjectives and discussions over the last few classes!!!

I am so proud of many of you!! Keep up the great work!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNAZnEFdHg8nUC8NuefPhyEVhAkF7Y3ZBfyYy5LLOdU/edit?usp=sharing



Over the Break : Finish The PLAY!!

PART 1. 

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR NOTEBOOK  based ON READING SCENES 5-9 to prepare for a LECTURE on 3/19!


If illusion means " to create an alternate version of something" and illusions stem from wants and desires, then , what do you suppose Blanche desires?



 provide  ONE SOLID concrete example and quote  to support your ideas  PLEASE ADD IN TEXT CITATION  ( Stella, Scene 2) or ( Williams 1163)

 In Scene 6, Blanche tells her story to Mitch and blames herself for many things. What happens to people when they experience trauma? What type of suffering does this entail for Blanche?



4.  In Scene 9, Blanche says " I don't want realism, I want magic! Yes, yes, magic! I try to give that to people. I misrepresent things to them. I don't tell truth, I tell what ought to be truth. And if that is sinful , then let me be damned for it! Don't turn the light on!!
Explain this scene. What is happening between Mitch and Blanche. What is Blanche saying here?
Discuss how these words are extremely pivotal to the scene and her character!

____________________________________________________________________________

Around the Room Discussions - Think Pair Shares' -WRITE FIRST IN YOUR NOTEBOOK BEFORE CLASS   On Tuesday, 3/19 



TASK: THEMES - BASED ON SCENES 5-9 ONLY 

Think about the  THEME and Provide 2 Examples to support this in the Play! You are Also Asked to Write DOWN the speaker and scene.. in- text (Stella, Scene 5) . Once YOU HAVE DONE THIS -  You will explain how this impacts internal and external conflict.. THEN WRITE  3-4 sentence analysis to present your ideas..  So, I will place a THEME  and Phrase Next to your names and You Complete the TASK

  • Interpret the Theme
  • Provide 2 Concrete Examples
  • Support it with quotes from the play 
  • Include In-Text Citation (Stella, Scene 3)
  • How does this impact internal/external conflict
  • What is the author's purpose based on the character's behavior?

HAVE IT PREPARED FOR Tuesday, 3/19  IN YOUR NOTEBOOK .... Students will have 10 min to be with the Pair Share Partners  before asked to PRESENT " Around the Room" . 


Matty, Muhammed & Taha -  Darkness V. Light


Connor, John & Collin - Appearances

Jordan, Simmone & Victoria - Fantasy V. Reality

Brandon, Alyssa & Raina -  Dependence on Men - Time Period Examples

Andrew, Arthur & Brian -  Fear and Violence

Aryan, Justin, Derek -Desire 

Jasson & Jordan - Desperation and Isolation 

_____________________________________

Class 3/19  I will place you with your partner. You will NEED TO SPEND TIME (10 Minutes) DISCUSSING THE TASK you ALREADY WORKED ON.. 

You will have 15 minutes to discuss the theme and I will place NAMES AROUND THE ROOM for Presentations

_______________________________________________________________________

Justin, this is the scene - After Mitch decided to abandon Blanche after discovering her promiscuity.

" I am the king around here and don't you forget it" (Stanley, Scene 7).

https://youtu.be/JpNLKb3rHEg?si=JE3IagzB7Ywjx8jJ

_______________________________________________________________________________

- What to Look Forward To?

Desire Lecture - "Broken Dreams" Expectations - What is the creation of the Fantasy based on William's portrayal of Blanche by  Professor Brady

Pub #2 - Based on the Play

The Final Scenes - Students Read Aloud ! 

Workshop 2 & Intro to the Short Story UNIT !


Feel Free to E-mail me if you have any questions. 

Have a Wonderful Break !!!


See you on the 19th! 


No comments:

Post a Comment