Tuesday, February 28, 2023

" Streetcar" Scenes 5-8 - Prepare for Fishbowl & " Don't Drop The Ball" DUE: Tuesday 3/2

 WATCH STELLA AGAIN! https://youtu.be/kYA9hvcLekg

You tube should direct you to more clips of the film as you continue to watch... 




DUE: 3/2 - Prepare for Fishbowl " Don't Drop The Ball" 





READDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD SCENES 5-9 In Your Notebook- Prepare for a mini -lecture and  FISHBOWL
You will be writing Pub 2 and Paper 1 shortly! Be sure to prepare! THE writing assignments promote your success as a scholar! 


Prepare for FISBHOWL -
 " Don't Drop the Ball" 





ANSWER IN YOUR NOTEBOOK!  2 questions 

1.  If illusion means " to create an alternate version of something" and illusions stem from wants and desires, then , what do you suppose Blanche desires? provide  ONE SOLID concrete example and quote  to support your idea /   WRITE IT ON THE CARD   PLEASE ADD IN TEXT CITATION  ( Stella, Scene 2) or ( Williams 1163)


2. Choose one theme from my introductory lecture and find ONE example within the selected scenes. You have the option to discuss motif. Needs a FOR EXAMPLE and a Quote - USE in text citation 




________________________________________________________________________

IN YOUR NOTEBOOK - You will be able to add to the Broken Lecture: 

3. In Scene 6, Blanche tells her story to Mitch and blames herself for many things. What happens to people when they experience trauma? What type of suffering does this entail for Blanche?



4.  In Scene 9, Blanche says " I don't want realism, I want magic! Yes, yes, magic! I try to give that to people. I misrepresent things to them. I don't tell truth, I tell what ought to be truth. And if that is sinful , then let me be damned for it! Don't turn the light on!!
Explain this scene. What is happening between Mitch and Blanche. What is Blanche saying here?
Discuss how these words are extremely pivotal to the scene and her character!

_____________________________________________________________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment