I would appreciate if a student could bring in their laptop tomorrow morning? I ONLY NEED ONE student to volunteer.
I would like to do a PPT presentation (Introduction to Poetry) but, my mac is not compatible with the school projector.
Please post in the comment section if you are able to help your (teacher) and by doing that you are helping your fellow class mates!
Many Thanks in Advance!
Professor Brady
P.S. - Someone left their glasses on my desk yesterday. I think they may belong to Felicia. I will bring them to class tomorrow.
___________________________________________________
Due on Thursday 11/17
Part I: Listen to the audio lesson The Power of Poetry (second one down, after the introduction) Summarize the purpose of writing and speaking poetry mentioned in the lesson. WHat is your response to the power of poetry? (2 paragraphs- Total )
http://www.poetryoutloud.org/poems-and-performance/listen-to-poetry
Part II: How do you feel about poetry? Discuss your history with reading and writing poetry. What do you already know or assume about poetry and about how to read and write it? What have you liked about reading and writing poetry in the past? What have you found to be most challenging? Do you have a favorite poem? Do you have a favorite song? Explain (2 paragraphs)
NOW WATCH:
WATCH "Measuring Poetry" a clip from Dead Poets Society - To the left of this BLOG
Video Clip - Robin Williams
" What will YOUR VERSE be?"
Write this down in your notebook!
"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute, we read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. Poetry, beauty, romance and love, these are what we stay alive for."
- Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society, 1989
Mrs. Brady is it just your mac that's not compatible or the mac in general?
ReplyDelete