Thursday, January 29, 2026

Assignment #2 - OVER THE WEEKEND - DUE on Tuesday, 2/3 - LOVE Index CARDS & Intro to " Streetcar"

  Scholars!

GREAT WORK TODAY IN THE BRAINSTORMING SESSION!!!!  

In addition, Partner Presentations were excellent !! 

 I am impressed with my students so far!! KEEP IT UP!!  

                                                                                                                        930 Class 



DO NOT FORGET TO : 

1. PRINT/ COPY  MY PART 2 - LECTURE !

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M8khIlgs3ZRG8vcTYgo_YTDECvmW-N_8/edit

KNOW THIS!! I will go over it in class on Tuesday!

2. FILL OUT YOUR INDEX CARD - I gave you an index card and ask that you find a quote that YOU feel connected to - can be researched, from a book, film, show or song.. BE CREATIVE   

Write the QUOTE on the Index CARD (write it BIG) make sure you write WHO said it and who they are.. and where it is from- We will decorate the " Lovers In Literature" Wall. 

FOR EXAMPLE: 

" If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen... I am not letting YOU get rid of  ME ..I miss my wife.... I love You.. You COMPLETE Me ! Shut Up... , Just Shut Up ... You had me at hello..... You had me... at hello," 

                                                                         Jerry & Dorothy : Film Jerry Maguire 1996 - Final Scene



Watch the Scene-https://youtu.be/3MP5qHvuHE0?si=OAaoFdZ24K4kGZKt

___________________________________________________________________________

 

PART 2 -  " A Streetcar Named Desire" OUR First PLAY!

HERE WE GO - Introduction to " Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams! 


_____________________________________________________________________________

 Conduct some basic research and in your notebook document your findings.
I will ask that you jot down at least 8-10 character traits and facts based on THE QUESTIONS BELOW.

WHO IS TENNESSEE WILLIAMS? WHAT MADE HIM AN EXTRAORDINARY WRITER? SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF HIS LIFE? Be prepared to share this with the class.

 IN ADDITION, JOT DOWN SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TIME PERIOD IN WHICH HE WROTE. **** VERY IMPORTANT I will ask that you prepare to share this with the class.

PART 3 In addition, peruse the websites below so that you can have a better understanding of what New Orleans is all about!


http://www.history.com/topics/new-orleans

AND 



Learn about the history of Jazz! New Orleans is known for it's music!!! 

https://www.britannica.com/art/jazz


JAzz and NOLA
https://www.timeout.com/new-orleans/things-to-do/best-jazz-in-new-orleans

Watch a short clip about Preservation Hall. The MOST FAMOUS JAZZ Club of all time! NOLA!
https://youtu.be/4ELh-vpQC18
















DO NOT FORGET TO   PRINT " A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE " It is posted as a PAGE ABOVE !! 


 OR VISIT THE LIBRARY!


________________________________________________________________


What to expect next class on  TUESDAY, 2/3
  • WE GO OVER The INDEX CARDS!!! 
  • WE PIN them to the LOVERS IN Literature WALL!! 
  • I will go OVER my PART 2 Lecture on LOVE! 
  • Students SHARE.. THE HW
  • Who is Williams? Williams NoLA JaZZ  - Setting!  CONFLICTS !!!  




If we have time on 2/3 or will carry over to 2/5 : MY  Streetcar POWERPOINT INTRO- sneak peak and take a look 



Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment