Welcome to WEEK 14!
Scholars!!! We are already into WEEK 14! I wish I could see your smiling faces!
I wish we could spend these last two weeks together in person!
I miss each and every one of you!!!
LEts do our best to get through the rest of the semester with enthusiasm and fortitude!!! WE can do this!!
If we were in class.. we would be well into our poetry unit.. at this point we would sit outside and have a very exciting analytical fishbowl with writing prompts, epictetus and brainstorming sessions.. I wish I could sit outside with all of you and enjoy the fountain and the discussion of poetry.... WE can do the best we can with what we have in front of us.. and in turn,... it will make us strong and resilient.. thats what I will remember most about this class and this semester.. !! I am so proud of all of you!! I brag about you often!!!
Here we go..
LISTEN TO "THE POWER OF POETRY" BY DANA GIOIA
https://www.poetryoutloud.org/competing/listen-to-poems/
- ACTIVELY READ BRADY POWERPOINT!!!! Think about the many facets of poetry!!!!!!!
Poetry PPT:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CipiIKc-u-zn_gmSNKhL3MT8y9VOJmzlmA23UVWc49k/edit?usp=drive_web&ouid=109507672381224686342
some notes from the text.. to inspire you..
keep in mind.. there are so many types of love.. romantic.. breaks into a multitude of categories ( will discuss during zoom) nascent, departed, lost, unrequited.. familial and friendship..
A favorite love poem by Shakespeare.. "Let Me Not To The Marriage Of True Minds"
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45106/sonnet-116-let-me-not-to-the-marriage-of-true-minds
Tuesday CHECK in.. LEts have a brainstorming session.. Define love in 2 sentences.. Be creative and authentic.. do not give us a text book definition.. give us Love is..... according to you... then .. in two adjectives.. POST YOUR two adjectives as a comment!!!!!
I will post my two adjectives!! HOLD ON!!!
Get Ready for our last online Fishbowl Thursday!
Fishbowl Thursday will ask you to read a few extremely famous love poems.. and post a favorite of your own!!!!
Reminders: PUB 3 DUE: Friday April 30th!!!
I will post our last published writing piece. PUB 4 next week.. DUE : MAY 6th! Stay Tuned
DO NOT FORGET.. SONG OF THE WEEK!!!!
PLEASE CHECK IN WITH YOUR ADJECTIVES AND REPLY TO our SONG of the week !! SEE MY EXAMPLE!
CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU ON THURSDAY AT 11AM!

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteExample Post..
ReplyDeleteLOVE is.... 2 sentences.. your definition.. this must be according to you...
2 Adjectives: Mysterious and Overwhelming
Reply to Tom PETTY! - I LOVE TOM PETTY!!!! NO matter your generation...everyone wants to be FREE FALLING!!!!
Love is the overwhelming feeling to desire someones presence, there isn't anything in the world that you wouldn't do for this person. You want to be their shoulder to cry on, their happiness, their reason to smile, their reason to come home, their protector, etc.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives: sacrificial and pure
I remember when my mom would play this song and till this day the only words I know are "And I'm free, free fallin"
Love is when you feel deeply connected to someone or something in terms of how you perceive them. When you are in love with someone you spend time out of your day thinking about them, admiring them and wanting to be with them.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives I would choose are affectionate and passionate
I know this song because it used to be one of my dad’s favorite songs, so I’ve heard it for years. He told me it reminds him of when he used to hang out with his friends when he first moved to the United States.
Tom Dominic
ReplyDeleteLove is the overwhelming attraction between two parties that is unwavering. You would do anything for this person, and they would for you. It is a source of tremendous happiness but is also a source of comfort in tough times.
Two Adjectives: Heartfelt and Happiness
I am a big fan of Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, and Free Fallin’ is no exception. My dad always would play this song and other hits from his discography.
Love is the feeling to get when you are thinking, looking, or dreaming about someone you feel a strong attraction too. Love has no limits and you will trust that person with your life and do anything for them.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives: devotion and adoration
Every summer we have a bbq with my family and my dad has a playlist that he plays. This is one of the songs and I listen to it all the time.
Gabriel Moses
ReplyDeleteEnglish 102
Check-in 4/28/2020
Personally, I view love as something that has to be gained. Love is normally associated with being an emotion or a feeling when in reality it is both. Love can be given and received. Love is something that is cherished and provides a person with a sense of belonging and comfort.
Love in two adjectives: pure and unconditional
Today is the first time I've listened to Tom Petty. I'm not a fan, but the song isn't horrible.
Nathan Germain
ReplyDeleteEnglish 102
Check-in 04/28/2020
I view love as a overtly large amount of emotion, whether it be happiness, anger, or depression. I view all of those with Love in large quantities. Like you are beyond happy to be with what you love, you can fall anxious in anticipation. And can fall under a depression to see the same thing leave. But in the end it is always something you look forward to. Something you want to stay with you forever
Two adjectives: Passion, and pure
Also can I just say Tom Petty is amazing :D
Love is when the world around you is lighter because you are with the right person. Love is placing another's happiness before your own.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives: true and unwavering
Love is a feeling of strong affection for someone/something. To love means to cherish and care for something which you hold dear.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: Patient, Kind
This is the first time i'm hearing of Tom Petty, definitely will explore more of his music.
Love is a feeling towards someone who you can count on no matter what. love is unconditional and makes you feel good on the inside.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives:Enamored, Smitten
Love is a feeling you have towards another person that makes you happy. Its the feeling of being complete and putting the other person above yourself.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: Affectionate, caring
Also I really enjoyed Tom Petty
Love is loyalty, trust, and experiences that you have with someone. Love is a feeling that must be built overtime.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: Appreciation, Happiness
Love is an unwavering feeling of passion and devotion. It is accepting someone for all their inherent flaws but also admiring all the beauty and strength a person possesses.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives to describe love are burdensome and irreplaceable.
Also, I am not a fan of Tom Petty, but the song is definitely a good classic.
Love is an emotion, a feeling that overtakes your mind, body, and soul. It is like having two souls intertwined and connected a feeling that you want to last forever and ever.
ReplyDeleteTwo adjectives to describe love are: passionate, and patient
Not a fan of Tom petty
Alessandra DiPalma
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: Irreplaceable and pure.
Love is a feeling of comfort and adoration that is almost unexplainable. Love is what drives us, what keeps us happy and most importantly, teaches us loyalty, trust and patience.
Adjectives: Caring, Unconditional
ReplyDeleteLove is caring and dedicating one to another. Love is feeling a connection to another person, it causes a person to care about the others' health and relationship, wanting to see them prosper and be happy.
Adjectives: Meaning, Unique
ReplyDeleteLove in my opinion is feeling towards someone or something that no matter what goes on in a persons life it never dies. I feel that even in a situation like we are presently in although some people who once said they loved each other are now not together, there are other cases in which peoples love for one another gross stronger than ever before.
Love is caring for someone or something unconditionally no matter the flaws.
ReplyDeleteLove is a selfless feeling of wanting to give all of yourself to someone for unexplainable reasons.
Adjectives: Timeless and Raw
Deon Hoppin
ReplyDeleteLove is when someone gives themselves to some mind and soul. They also overlook the other persons flaws.
Adjectives: Devoted, fond
Waldina Lopez
ReplyDeleteLove is when someone feels very passionate about the other person. Love is seeing the person for who they are and not their past.
Adjectives: passionate, cherish
Love is a feeling you have towards someone that makes you feel happy. Love is something that will make you feel comfort and like everything is going to be okay.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: passion, happiness
Love is a feeling so pure and fond that no matter what it will always make you feel warm inside. Love makes you feel on top of the world.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: unique ,happiness
I am so proud of all of YOU!!!! These responses are magnificent!!!!!! I look forward to seeing all of you on THURSDAY! Some of you really impressed me with your responses.. I must say!
ReplyDeleteLove is a feeling only you can describe when you feel it and TRULY know what it is. Love can be different for everyone. Love is also an intense feeling of deep affection.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: passionate, rare
-emily caicedo
Love is the devotion to someone or something whether it be to a job, sport, activity, or person. only you know what love is and how to interpret love.
ReplyDeleteAdjectives: Unique powerful