WEEK 11: Happy TUESDAY To My SCHOLARS!!! WE HAVE ZOOM CLASS THURSDAY! See my announcement below!
I miss all of your shining faces!!! I wish I could be with all of you on campus today. I hope you are all well and safe and that this post finds you in good spirits!!! I do hope you enjoyed some sunshine this weekend!
BRADY VIDEO
First, Watch the Video!!
Today YOU Check in!! Say HELLO, Write a Comment to friend in class! Comment on the Song! Ask a question!
Brady Video:
https://youtu.be/uUZjwLPyF68
STUDY THE POWER POINT!!!!!!!!!!
Egalitarianism PPT:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tX5sBeOG-ZZsgQP6xHk6LcGp5BTjTGr9/view?usp=sharing
* I will go over the social institutions, silence as a form of oppression and read an excerpt by richard wright's Black Boy during zoom class. Think about all the forms of oppression.. as we prepare for Fishbowl Thursday and Pub 3 - Coming Soon!
DO SOME RESEARCH ON RAFAEL TRUJILLO!
https://www.biography.com/dictator/rafael-trujillo
* feel free to conduct your own research as well.. I will discuss him during our zoom class.
READ "A White Woman Of Color" By Julia Alvarez
https://writingbb.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/alvarez_white.pdf
BRADY SONG OF THE DAY!
Song of THE Day! You can go the distance! You can run the mile!!!
I feel like I can really belt this one out in class if I had enough COFFEE!
WHat do you think?
https://youtu.be/JV5qaN-x340
Today IS Check in!
Post a COMMENT to saying hello to me or a friend in class! Make a comment about the PPT, Trujillo or Alvarez! Comment on MY SONG!!! What do you think?!
REMINDER: THURSDAY is OUR CLASS ZOOM at 11am!
THURSDAY IS ALSO ONLINE FISHBOWL! I will post the fishbowl questions based on the ppt and the story on Thursday! you can respond on our class blog before or after or zoom class! It is up to you!
"People live for love. They kill for love. They die for love. They have songs, poems, novels, sculptures, paintings, myths, legends. It's one of the most powerful brain systems on Earth for both great joy and great sorrow" Helen Fisher
welcome
- Home
- Published Writing Rubric: "Writing on The Blog"
- What is Socratic Seminar? AKA "FISHBOWL" !!!!!!!!
- Welcome To The Spring : 2026 - Syllabus - Writing Calendar & FSC Academic Calendar
- Contact Professor Brady
- CONSENT FORM - BE ON OUR CLASS BLOG - PHOTOS !! Students Must Sign UP to Participate!
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- MLA RESOURCES & Contact Information - FSC Writing Center
- THE VERY BEST RESOURCE - Purdue Owl MLA FORMAT - Format Your Papers - In Text Citation & Works Cited
- Introduction to The Course: What Is Literature? Brady Lecture #1 - Includes "Types of Love" & "The Stoics & Love"
- " A Streetcar Named Desire" by Williams
- WORKSHOP #1 - Love Is Blind; Or Is It NOT? - The Streetcar Debate 2/17 -2/19
- Brady - CLASS DOC- Running DOCUMENT - Spring 2026
- "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks - Story 1
- PUB #1 - "There is no Such Thing as True Love" DUE: Tuesday, March 17th by MIDNIGHT in BRIGHTSPACE!!!
- Writing Workshop# 1 - Presentations Spring 2026
- "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien PAGES -1-33 ONLY
- Rules For REVISING Papers in BRADY's CLASS - MUST VISIT THE WRITING CENTER ! DUE IN ONE WEEK!
- Published Writing Rubric - Evaluation/ Assessment
- Workshop #2 - 4/16 - 4/23 "COTS" TASKS & Writing Requirements
- WORKSHOP #2 - Student Presentations 4/23
- SAMPLE Portfolios !!
- THE FINAL PROJECT - 15% Plus Workshop 3 - 10%
- Workshop #3 - Poetry ! ADD TO YOUR PORTFOLIO!!! DUE: 5/14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good morning everyone it's Alex. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
ReplyDeleteHi Alex!
DeleteJust checking in. -Waldina
ReplyDeleteHello Professor Brady I'm checking in.
ReplyDeleteRomana!!! Great to see you check in!
DeleteMorning everyone. stay safe for another day today
ReplyDeleteHiDeon! Hope all is well! See you on Thursday at 11am!
Deletemorning everyone, hope everyone is enjoying quarantine!!!
ReplyDeleteI would prefer to see your shining faces in class! Happy to see you check in MAC kenzie!
DeleteGood Morning :)) Just checking in!
ReplyDeleteGood Morning! Hope all is well, this is a generic check in message: i am checking in
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon everyone. Hope everyone has a great day!
ReplyDeleteHi Nick! Did you like my song!
DeleteGood afternoon, hope everyone is doing ok
ReplyDeletehi :) just checking in -emily caicedo
ReplyDeleteHi, hope everyone is healthy and safe, the end of this crisis is almost here, can't wait till it's over.
ReplyDeleteWhat’s going on y’all. Hope y’all staying safe, enjoy the day and drink y’all water
ReplyDeleteStaying Hydrated! Thanks Jabari!
DeleteGood afternoon, hope everyone is having a good day. -Steven Rosich
ReplyDeleteHi Steven! Your pub 2 looks great! I finished grading them !
DeleteGood afternoon, hope everyone is enjoying quarantine! :)
ReplyDeleteGood day everyone, hope you are all enjoying your week :D
ReplyDeleteHello everyone :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kevaughn!
DeleteExcited to learn about the original "el Jefe." Hope everyone is staying safe and sane during these tough times.
ReplyDelete-Thomas Dominic
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHe sure is the Original "el Jefe!
DeleteHello, classmates, I hope everyone is safe and doing well. I enjoyed reading "A White Woman of Color" by Julia Alvarez’s and her perspective as a white Dominican. I could relate to her as a woman of color regarding facing colorism from individuals in my community and the negative stigmas that follow certain skin colors.
ReplyDeleteHi Channon.. Excellent Job Reading Alvarez! SHe is an amazing Latina - American Author!
DeleteDid you peruse the power point? See you on Thursday for Zoom CLASS!
Just checking in- Salma
ReplyDeleteSalma!
DeleteHi everyone Jeri here,hope everyone is healthy and safe.
ReplyDeleteHi Jeri! Did you like the song! Be WELL!
DeleteHi everybody !!!!
ReplyDeleteHi everyone, I hope everyone is safe and healthy
ReplyDeleteHi Emily! See you tomorrow at 11 am!
DeleteHey guys checking in hope everyone is not dying of complete boredom during this quarantine lol.
ReplyDeleteHi Cassie! Glad to see you check in!
DeleteHey guys hope everyone safe and doing well.
ReplyDeleteHi Devin!
DeleteHey, I suppose...
ReplyDeleteHope everyone is safe and well!
ReplyDeleteHey Guys , hope yall having a good week
ReplyDeleteSee YOU TOMORROW ON ZOOM!!!!!
DeleteHi hope everyones safe. I forgot to check in on Tuesday but i wanted you to know read all the things i was suppose to.
ReplyDeleteFORGOT to check in on tuesday, hows it doing y'all? It's Bismah checking in.
ReplyDelete