We are IN WEEK 10!!! You can click on WEEK 10 : I filled out all the information for this week. However, My posts will break down the information and organize the days into check in's and fishbowls.
I have outlined what we are doing this week.
What to do first?? Follow the posts on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
Let us START WITH TODAY.... Tuesday, 3/31
1. TODAY: WATCH BRADY VIDEO:
9:25 Class - Part 1
9:25 class Part 2https://youtu.be/doPfxVrlZkE
2. PRINT (Only if you can) and READ the SSU introduction NOTES.. After watching my video!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-oPG8xeJv2dTzhlSElZYWJOODA/view?usp=sharing
* This week we will focus on the time period and the themes in All three Short Stories!
"THe Story of An Hour" , "The Storm" and "The Yellow Wallpaper:
3. YOU HAVE 3 STORIES TO READ: PLUS RESOURCES
ALL THREE SHORT STORIES!!! I Posted them as LINKS ON THIS BLOG... HERE THEY ARE AGAIN..
"The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins -Gillman - IN THE TEXTBOOK
"The Story of An Hour" by Kate Chopin- POSTED ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG
"The Storm" by Kate Chopin- POSTED ON THIS BLOG _ LOOK TO THE RIGHT
READ THESE RESOURCES - "The Yellow Wallpaper"
*Read the following information about the "Rest Cure". You might want to do a bit of research on Women and Hysteria.
Read about Weir Mitchell and the Rest Cure in Perkins-Gillman's "The Yellow Wallpaper"
http://www.branchcollective.org/?ps_articles=anne-stiles-the-rest-cure-1873-1925
Why I wrote "TheYellow Wallpaper" by Perkins Gillman
http://www.americanyawp.com/reader/18-industrial-america/charlotte-perkins-gilman-why-i-wrote-the-yellow-wallpaper-1913/
Read about Weir Mitchell and the Rest Cure in Perkins-Gillman's "The Yellow Wallpaper"
http://www.branchcollective.org/?ps_articles=anne-stiles-the-rest-cure-1873-1925
Why I wrote "TheYellow Wallpaper" by Perkins Gillman
http://www.americanyawp.com/reader/18-industrial-america/charlotte-perkins-gilman-why-i-wrote-the-yellow-wallpaper-1913/
Stay Tuned ON Thursday: 4/3
On Thursday I will break the class into groups and ask that you post fishbowl responses based on the questions I give YOU!! I will post the groups and the questions on WED night for Thursday!
Bonus: Watch the trailer to the film "Iron Jawed Angels" it will give you some ideas that relate to the time period! Feel free to watch the film in its entirety on your own! It is a wonderful film!
THIS IS THE 100TH YEAR!!
THursday 4/1
I will post Fishbowl questions and we can respond as a class together!
Feel free to e-mail me with questions.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. I am grading your pubs and your papers. I will correspond with you via e-mail regarding your grades. PLEASE REVIEW THE PAGE "GRADES 2020- COVID-19 Update Regarding Grade Correspondence.
2. I will work on PUB 3.
3. We replaced Paper 2 with Pub 4
4. Sadly, I had to omit the Final Project. However, I will replace it with a really exciting PUB 5.
I will do everything I can to make sure you learn and we will work together to make this happen as best we can under the circumstances!
5. VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS: I will set up virtual office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-1 pm. Zoom LINK
The link will be posted on our class blog as a gadget (you need to see it on a PC or be in website not mobile view). I will post it in place of where my spring office hours are currently posted. _______________________________________________________________________________
My Song for Today! Click to Find out!! I know its not the same as my singing voice.. But , I hope you will all manage!
https://youtu.be/C_CSjcm-z1w
Who loves this song? You can comment in the fishbowl!!
I think most of you will love this one.. I think Channon in my 9:25 and CJ in my 12:15pm will love it the most?? What do you all think?
feel free to post what you think about the song in a second comment.
_____________________________________________________________________________
What is happening Thursday & Next Week?
Follow UP: We will go into mini fishbowls ON THURSDAY ONLINE.. I will put together groups.
You will see what group you are in and questions you have when you check the blog on Thursday.
Next WEEK I will post a lecture / PPT and VIdeo on both Perkins- Gillman and themes presented in "The Yellow Wallpaper:" This will tie into our oppression theme that will permeate our short story unit.
check in! Post a comment today! Let Brady KNow you are with us!
ReplyDeleteJarbari here, hope you guys are staying safe.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Checking in Jabari!
DeleteGood Morning Professor Brady. This is Gabriel Moses and I was able to view the videos you posted.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Gabriel! Nice to see you check in!
DeleteGood morning it's Aleksandra. Hope everyone had a safe break.
ReplyDeleteALex! Glad to see you check in. Be well.. see you on Thursday for Fishbowl!
DeleteGoodmorning Professor !! Hope you are well and safe ! I was able to watch both videos and very excited for the SS UNIT !
ReplyDeleteGood Job Mirna!!! Enjoy the sun today!
DeleteGood morninggg I watched both videos and have read the post !
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB BRittany!!!!!!!
DeleteMorring Professor, i watched the videos and read the storys you metioned. I miss this class !!!
ReplyDeleteI miss seeing your faces Jhanasia! I certainly miss all of YOU!
DeleteGreat Job Checking IN! We will get though this together as a class and together as a nation!
Gooooood morning! Hope everyone is staying safe
ReplyDeleteCJ!!!!!!! Nice Job!
Deleteheyyy guys, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Can't wait to start the SSU!!!
ReplyDeleteMAC Kenzie!! Nice Job today!
DeleteHi guys, can't wait for the SSU unit!! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
ReplyDeleteHi Christina!!! Nice to see you check in today!! Great Work!
DeleteGood afternoon everyone, hope everyone stays safe and healthy!!!
ReplyDeleteNick!! Great Job Checking in!! Glad you are online today!
DeleteHey everyone! I hope you all are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHi Fary!!! Nice Job saying hello! Did you like my song?
DeleteChecking in! This is Bismah, hoping everyone is well and healthy.
ReplyDeleteBismah! Great Job!
DeleteChecking in :))
ReplyDeleteHi Ivana!
DeleteChecking in! This is Emily Caicedo
ReplyDeleteHi Emily!! Glad to see you online today!
ReplyDeleteChecking in, this is Alessandra DiPalma!
ReplyDeleteHello, class, I hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time period. I was able to watch the videos and read the notes, and I’m excited about the new short story lesson. I can’t wait to read everyone’s thoughts and comments. Enjoy the rest of your day!
ReplyDeleteChecking in,this is Eric Tavarez
ReplyDeletethis is emily goldrick and this is me checking in
ReplyDeleteIt’s Jeridania Rodriguez checking in, hope everyone is safe. So excited for the short story lesson!
ReplyDeleteHey Professor Brady its Cassie checking in :)
ReplyDeleteHey Professor Brady this is Muaaz Ahmed
ReplyDeleteHey Professor Brady it's Romana checking in.
ReplyDelete