Tuesday, April 12, 2016

PUB #3 IS DUE TOMORROW!!!!

Please note that Pub #3 is due tomorrow by midnight!
In addition, please print the "Visiting Writers" sheet and bring it with you on Thursday.
I will meet you in Ward Hall at 11am. The speaker will be in the Great Room. It is the first room on your left on the first floor!!!

I really enjoyed our class today. I hope all of you did as well.

Work on YOUR PUBLISHED PIECE AND YOUR PAPER!!!


Timeline

Thursday 4/14- Visiting Writers Ward Hall 11am

PUB #3
Class Lecture
"Idealism in the Birthmark" '
Introduction to Hawthorne and Transcendentalism

HW: Read The Birthmark by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Tuesday 4/19

Discussion of Allegory & Transcendentalism in Hawthorne's work

Thursday 4/21

Paper #2 is Due- With a Rubric and An Outline
Introduction to the Final Project & PUB 4


Tuesday 4/26

Introduction to Poetry PPT & Lecture

Thursday 4/28
Poetry Workshop & Introduction to Pub 5

May 3 

Poetry Workshop/ Final Presentation Schedule we will pick out of a hat

May 5

12:15 Class - Presentations
1:40 Class Poetry Workshop Wrap Up

Final Project is Due Today by MIDNIGHT! (All Classes)


Note: Final Exam for my 1:40 class is on Thursday May 12th at 1:10-3:50 pm (Students will present at that time and receive their final project grade.
Note to my 12:15 class- We are scheduled for May 17th at 10:50 am. However, I believe that it will be too late at that point. Instead, my 12:15 class will present in class on May 5th and receive their final project grades during office hours. I will create office hours on May 10th and May 12th for all of my students. This will be an opportunity for my 12:15 class to obtain their final project and Pub 5 grades. Please feel free to ask me questions in class. I will elaborate on this as we approach the end of the semester. 


No comments:

Post a Comment