YOUR PAPER IS DUE TODAY! NO LATE PAPERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
READ the STory in the TEXT!!!!!! The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins -Gillman
BY TUESDAY 3/31 After I collect the papers we will go into lecture. ___________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: We will go over the story on Tuesday 3/31 in class and follow up with a lecture on both Perkins- Gillman and themes presented in "The Yellow Wallpaper:" This will tie into our oppression theme that will permeate our short story unit. We will see oppression in many forms reflected in subsequent works such as in Hemingway's "Hills Like White Elephants" and " White Woman of Color" by Julie Alvarez.
I will ask the class to Read Alvarez's "White Woman of Color" on Thursday 4/2. I will explain this in class this week.
Here is the trailer for the Film "Iron Jawed Angels"
If you have an opportunity at any time to watch this film.... I highly recommend it! You will love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment