Thursday, October 23, 2014

EXCELLENT JOB TODAY!

I am beyond impressed with those of you who presented today ! I look forward to Tuesday and hearing the final presentation on John Updike's A&P!!!

Please read "The Yellow Wallpaper" this weekend and jot down any questions/connections/ ideas you may have while reading. This is called active reading.
I will go into my Perkins-Gillman lecture immediately following the A&P presentation.



______________________________________________________________________________
Note: We will move quickly through this short story unit. Time is always of the essence in my class. It seems there is never enough time to do all of the things I love to do with such exceptional scholars.

Here is a timeline of upcoming stories that will center on our theme of Egalitarianism ( I will explain this in class over the next few weeks) and Oppression that will prepare us for our next published writing assignment!

The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gillman
White Woman of Color by Julia Alvarez
Hills Like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway
Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
The Birthmark by Nathaniel Hawthorne

****Followed by our Poetry Unit. Poetry is our last unit. We will end the semester with Poetry



Have a Great Weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment