Thursday, December 6, 2012

Due on 12/11

1.Watch POW by Alicia Keys
The Video is to the left on the bottom of this blog.
Reaction - 2-3 sentences


Watch the video Anthology Traces Rap's Lyrical Journey, Poetic Roots.
Write a one-paragraph reaction in your notebook to share in class. 


Analyze : Develop ONE theme - Support with examples and quotes
What is the speaker trying to communicate to the audience?
What is this about? Where do you stand on this issue?


In Time of Plague by Thom Gunn
 Theme? Support?
Tone?


Hard Rock Returns to Prison from The Hospital for the Criminal Insane  by Etheridge Knight
Theme? Support!
Tone?


Check Out  one of the stand up poets from the HBO special Brave New Voices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaOuQJUI84&feature=related

Reaction: 2-3 sentences
_______________________________________________________________________

Timeline:


Tuesday 12/11

 Lecture : Empathy vs. Sympathy

We will recite/analyze poems in the Family Album pg.490

* In addition, I will go over the final project.  I you have any questions please jot them down ahead of time and I will address them first thing in class on Tuesday.

Thursday 5/13- My Last Lecture

Extended Metaphor & The Human Condition  in
Julio Noboa Polanco's Identity.

Presenters will be picked out of a hat at the end of class on 12/13 for presentations on 12/18. I will bring the projector/bring your laptop or ask someone you know to bring one in for you!

* I will create a post that allows students to publish their blog addresses. ALL STUDENTS MUST PUBLISH THEIR BLOG AND THE ADDRESS BY 12/18 IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A FINAL GRADE!

See sample blogs! You have to type them into your url for them to load.

http://caseymolf.blogspot.com - This ONE Is GREAT! 

http://cimosliteratureblog.blogspot.com

http://myfreedomofthought.blogspot.com

http://passionfortheperfection.blogspot.com/


http://tonyconigliaro.blogspot.com

http://committingartisticsins.blogspot.com

http://katiehayesspring.blogspot.com/

http://connorhickeys.blogspot.com/


Begin working on the Final Project and Pub Writing #4


No comments:

Post a Comment