Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Due on ? "Streetcar"



Please Remind me to go over Paper #1 at the BEGINNING OF CLASS on Tuesday! 

In addition, remind me to finish going over parts 5 and 6 of the assignment that was due today before we discuss this assignment.

1. Read Scenes 4-10 

1.Discuss the "Polka Music" as a Motif in the play. Provide 2 concrete examples (p. 1211)
2. Discuss perception. How does Blanche see herself? How do others see her?
3. Choose one significant passage in Scene 7 and interpret it. Why is this so important in the play?
4. Discuss Illusion as it relates to Shep Huntleigh. 
5. On pg. 1123 Blanche says " I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic! I try to give that to people. I misrepresent things to them. I don't tell them the truth, I tell what ought to be the truth. and if that is sinful, then let me be damned for it! Don't turn the light on! Expound upon this- How does this quote relate to a particular point made in one of our class discussions? If you were Blanche's psychologist how would you explain her behavior? Would you justify it?


No comments:

Post a Comment