Thursday, April 26, 2012

Poetry Assignment Due on 5/1

 Note to my 2pm- Remind me to Read the Shakespeare Sonnet in the Love Album before beginning a new topic. 
-Thanks


All Classes: 

Read the following poems in the Theme& Tone section beginning on page 475.

Barbie Doll by Marge Piercy

Analyze : Develop ONE theme - Support with examples and quotes
What is the speaker trying to communicate to the audience?
What is this about? Where do you stand on this issue?


In Time of Plague by Thom Gunn
 Theme? Support?
Tone?


Hard Rock Returns to Prison from The Hospital for the Criminal Insane  by Etheridge Knight
Theme? Support!
Tone?

As promised:


Check Out  one of the stand up poets from the HBO special Brave New Voices...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaOuQJUI84&feature=related


_______________________________________________________________________

Timeline:


Tuesday 5/1

 Lecture : Empathy vs. Sympathy

We will recite/analyze poems in the Family Album pg.490

* In addition, I will go over the final project.  I you have any questions please jot them down ahead of time and I will address them first thing in class on Tuesday.

Thursday 5/4

 Lecture - Extended Metaphor & The Human Condition  in
Julio Noboa Polanco's Identity.

Presenters will be picked out of a hat at the end of class on 5/4 for presentations beginning 5/8. I will bring the projector/bring your laptop or ask someone you know to bring one in for you!

* I will create a post that allows students to publish their blog addresses.

See sample blogs! You have to type them into your url for them to load.

http://caseymolf.blogspot.com - This ONE Is GREAT! 

http://cimosliteratureblog.blogspot.com

http://myfreedomofthought.blogspot.com

http://katiehayesspring.blogspot.com/


http://tonyconigliaro.blogspot.com

http://committingartisticsins.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment